Congratulations on your engagement. We hope to share your wedding day with you and look forward to working with you to create a unique celebration that is perfect for you, your partner and your guests.
With a stunning waterside location on the Kyles of Bute, the Kames Hotel is the perfect setting for an intimate wedding, whether it is just the two of you or you share your day with up to 50 guests.
Thanks to Scotland’s legal system, you are able to say your ‘I dos’ anywhere you like. We are licensed for marriages in our elegant dining room, or you may choose the local church. For something a little bit different, take advantage of the area’s outstanding natural beauty and go for an outdoor option.
Our experienced and caring team will leave no stone unturned to make the Kames Hotel the perfect place for your perfect day.
The Wedding Planners
Each happy couple receives the free services of a dedicated wedding planner. We understand that every wedding is unique, and will work with you to create your perfect day. We can work with your budget to source reliable and expert suppliers, arrange entertainment and to help you to come up with those personal creative touches that will make yours a day to remember.
The Wedding Meal
The West Coast is often described as ‘Scotland’s larder’ with a wealth of local game, fish and seafood to choose from. Use our menu of traditional and contemporary Scottish food at it’s finest as a starting point, but remember that we pride ourselves on our ability to ‘tailor-make’ your wedding meal according to your own tastes. Maybe you would like dishes from the bride and groom’s own countries, fish and chips, pie and peas, a buffet or seven gourmet courses. As with every aspect of your wedding, this is your day and the choice really is yours.
Scotland has no residency law which means that couples living elsewhere in the UK or even overseas can marry in Scotland within a short period of arrival.
You can be married by our local minister, the registrar for a civil ceremony or even a humanist celebrant. Humanist ceremonies are legal in Scotland which gives couples a further choice of the ceremony they can have - a humanist wedding/affirmation can take place anywhere, it is dignified and serious, but with the religious element replaced by words and music which have real meaning for the couple. They can be romantic and creative in designing their ceremony along with the celebrant.
Wedding Extras for your Day
• A Piper can set the very scene of a Scottish wedding. Nothing is more romantic than pipes playing at the wedding venue before the bride appears for the beginning of her special day. The piper can also lead the way for the short walk from the church to the hotel and pipe the bride and groom into the reception (to a standing ovation, of course).
• Travel to and from the ceremony by horse and trap from the local Ardlamont Estate stables.
• Flowers can be sourced using florists in our local town of Dunoon. From simple and effective lavender and thistle buttonholes to contemporary table arrangements that spill colour and perfume the air.
• Your day can be captured in time by both local and regional photographers specialising in weddings.
• Beauty, hair and make up can all be arranged locally in the village.
• Your wedding cake can be made and decorated locally.
• Highland weddings traditionally require the wearing of Kilts, which can be hired, along with all the regalia, in our local town. Whether the groom wishes to be a true Scotsman is entirely up to him.
• High flying wedding couples who want to enjoy an experience of a lifetime could charter the Loch Lomond Seaplane
• Try clay pigeon shooting at the local Estate
• Charter a boat to sail around the highlands and Islands or try Cumbrae voyages RIB for breathtaking
speed and adventure.
• Take in the scenery and Highland air at The Kyles of Bute Golf club.
• Arrange a special meal for family and friends the night before the wedding.
Please contact us for the Wedding Brochure.